1. About this policy
1.1 This acceptable use policy ('Acceptable Use Policy') is incorporated into the Contract pursuant to the Order Form. It governs how Customer and Authorised Users may access and use the Services.
1.2 Defined terms in this Acceptable Use Policy shall have the meaning given in the Contract and the same rules of interpretation apply.
1.3 You should read this Acceptable Use Policy carefully before using the Services. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise indicating consent, you agree to be bound by this Acceptable Use Policy. If you do not agree with or accept any part of this Acceptable Use Policy, you should stop using the Services immediately.
1.4 NatureMetrics may revise this Acceptable Use Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes made, as they are legally binding. Some of the provisions contained in this Acceptable Use Policy may also be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the Platform.
1.5 If you have any questions about this Acceptable Use Policy, please contact NatureMetrics at www.naturemetrics.com/contact.
2. Prohibited use
2.1 As a condition of use of the Services, Customer (on its own behalf and on behalf of Authorised Users) and each Authorised User agrees not to:
- modify, disassemble, decompile, prepare derivative works of, reverse engineer or otherwise attempt to gain unauthorised access to the Platform;
- use the Services in a way that abuses, interferes with, or disrupts NatureMetrics' networks, accounts, or the Platform;
- use the Services to engage in activity that is illegal, fraudulent, false, or misleading;
- share passwords or attempt to circumvent password or user authentication methods;
- transmit through the Platform any material that may infringe the intellectual property or other rights of third parties;
- build or benchmark a competitive product or service, or copy any features, functions, data, processes, technology, or graphics of the Platform;
- use the Services to communicate any message or material that is harassing, libellous, threatening, obscene, indecent, would violate the intellectual property rights of any party or is otherwise unlawful, that would give rise to civil liability, or that constitutes or encourages conduct that could constitute a criminal offense, under any applicable law or regulation;
- upload or transmit any software, content or code that does or is intended to harm, disable, destroy or adversely affect performance of the Services in any way or which does or is intended to harm or extract information or data from other hardware, software or NatureMetrics' networks or other users of the Services;
- engage in any activity or use the Services in any manner that could damage, disable, overburden, impair or otherwise interfere with or disrupt the Services, or any servers or networks connected to the Services or NatureMetrics' security systems; or
- use the Services in violation of any of NatureMetrics' policies or in a manner that violates applicable law, including but not limited to anti-spam, export control, privacy, and anti-terrorism laws and regulations, and Customer agrees that it is solely responsible for compliance with all such laws and regulations.
3. Limitations on use
3.1 Customer (on its own behalf and on behalf of Authorised Users) and each Authorised User must not:
- reproduce, resell, extract, re-utilise or distribute the Platform for any purpose unless Customer has been expressly permitted to do so under a separate agreement with NatureMetrics;
- use any data mining, robots, spiders, or similar data gathering and extraction tools, devices, algorithm, code, process or methodology, whether automated or not, to access, acquire, copy, extract or monitor (whether once or many times) any part of the Platform, materials, content, documents or data;
- offer or enable any third parties (other than Authorised Users) to use the Services;
- display on any website or otherwise publish the Platform or any content obtained from the Services or otherwise use the Services for the development, production or marketing of a service or product substantially similar to the Services.
3.2 Customer may only reproduce, extract, re-utilise or distribute reports or data generated by the Services in accordance with the Contract.
3.3 This section 3 should be treated as an express reservation of rights. Nothing in this section 3 prohibits or restricts any activity which cannot be legally prohibited or restricted.
NatureMetrics shall apply the terms of this Acceptable Use Policy in its absolute discretion. In the event of Customer's breach of this Acceptable Use Policy, NatureMetrics may terminate or suspend Customer's use of the Services, disclose any communications by Customer to law enforcement authorities, or take any action NatureMetrics considers necessary to remedy the breach.
This Acceptable Use Policy was published on 13th November 2023.