What is a GCN mitigation license, do I need one and how do I get one?

You can obtain a mitigation licence by contacting a licensed ecologist who will survey your site and surrounding ponds to inform the mitigation licence and complete an application form, method statement, work schedule and where necessary a reasoned statement on your behalf. This should be submitted to Natural England who will evaluate the documents and issue the mitigation licence. The mitigation licence lawfully permits activities to proceed which would otherwise be unlawful.

Share Now, Choose Your Platform!